As with many websites, ACS Technologies’ Website (located at www.acsdt.com) (our “Website“) and our services (such as our email article digests)(our “Services“) use a standard technology called a “cookie” and other similar technologies (such as, pixels and web beacons). These are small data files that are transferred to your computer when you use our Website and Services. These technologies automatically identify your browser whenever you interact with our Website and Services.
- Store the authorization token that users receive when they login to the private areas of our Website. This token is specific to a user’s login session and requires a valid username and password to obtain. It is required to access the user’s profile information, subscriptions, and analytics;
- Track anonymous site usage; and
- Permit connectivity with social media networks to permit content sharing.
There are different types of cookies, and other technologies used our Website, notably:
- “Session Cookies” – These cookies only last as long as your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari).
- “Persistent Cookies” – These cookies stay on your computer or device after your browser has been closed and last for a time specified in the cookie. We use persistent cookies when we need to know who you are for more than one browsing session. For example, we use them to remember your preferences for the next time you visit.
- “Web Beacons/Pixels” – Some of our web pages and emails may also contain small electronic images known as web beacons, clear GIFs or single-pixel GIFs. These images are placed on a web page or email and typically work in conjunction with cookies to collect data. We use these images to identify our users and user behavior, such as counting the number of users who have visited a web page or acted upon one of our email digests.
ACS Technologies Cookies. We place our own cookies on your computer to track certain information about you while you are using our Website and Services. For example, we place a session cookie on your computer each time you visit our Website. We use these cookies to allow you to login to your subscriber account. Also, through these cookies, we are able to collect information about how you use the Website, including what browser you may use, your IP address, and the URL address you came from upon visiting our Website and the URL you next visit (even if those URLs are not on our Website). We also utilize email web beacons to monitor whether our emails are being delivered and read. We also use these tools to help deliver reader analytics to our authors to give them insight into their readership and help them to improve their content, so that it is most useful for our users.
Analytics/Performance Cookies. ACS Technologies also uses the following analytic tools to help us analyze the performance of our Website and Services as well as how visitors use our Website and Services:
- Google Analytics – For more information on Google Analytics cookies, visit www.google.com/policies. To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. This will allow you to download and install a Google Analytics cookie-free web browser.
Facebook, Twitter, and other Social Network Cookies. Our content pages allow you to share content appearing on our Website and Services to your social media accounts through the “Like,” “Tweet,” or similar buttons displayed on such pages. To accomplish this Service, we embed code that such third-party social networks provide and that we do not control. These buttons know that you are logged in to your social network account, and therefore such social networks could also know that you are viewing the ACS Technologies Website.
Controlling and Deleting Cookies
The processes for controlling and deleting cookies vary depending on which browser you use. To find out how to do so with a particular browser, you can use your browser’s “Help” function or, you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org which explains, step-by-step, how to control and delete cookies in most browsers.
Updates to This Policy
Contacting ACS Technologies